Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Once again, an unintentionally joys-of-motherhood-ridden post


Yesterday I turned 25.....The first age I've really dreaded for some reason. My dad keeps telling what a great age it is though, so I'll go with it. I'll try it out for approximately a year.
I obviously don't post on here much anymore....a simple reason being, Liam has discovered a passion for climbing. End of story. I'm a lucky girl if I get the dishes done. Thank God for naptime!
(This shot of him climbing on his toybox is small potatoes...in general when he makes one of his daring ascents, such as the end table to play with the lamp, I am a little too busy to take a picture!)

Another of his many passions is dancing. He prances his happy feet the second he hears music, and gets SUPER excited about his vbs music. He's got a lot of the motions down...I love to watch and dance with him :)

I am entering the realm of discipline and hope I'm up for the challenge. We've dealt with minor things like teaching to keep his hands off outlets etc., and that has gone all right, but he is so extremely adventurous and determined at this age that I am definitely expanding my tactics to get him to learn what is ok and what isn't...and that he needs to listen to his mama! I'm trying to lay as good of a foundation as possible as early as I can...it is a full time job, but it is desperately important to me that we can succeed in teaching him obedience and what is right. I find myself constantly praying for wisdom and trying to quell the instinct to cuddle him and ignore the fact that I should be enforcing discipline. I also have a hard time figuring out effective discipline for this age either, but I am working on it! Any advice?

No comments: