Thursday, January 21, 2010

Liam has not been sleeping well lately, one of these phases they tell me about. As a result, yesterday during Liam's naptime, I was comotose on the couch in my sweatpants, battling a major headache when in sweeps The Marissa (who had a day off work). Shiny high heels and sacks of fresh produce bustled into my little house to give me some relief from the norm. A few ibuprofen pills and cups of tea later, we were busy with one of our favorite "teamwork" italian dishes, risotto. The reason this is a great one to make as a team is because it requires constant stirring whilst slowly adding ingredients, and when one person makes it, it can become stressful and wearying. But it is very relaxing and fun when done jointly. She also shared a new recipe she was recently introduced to, an orange and fennel salad. SO good. We nibbled all day long while we played with Liam and cooked, a fun mixture of Pavarotti, Cher, and old country music providing our soundtrack.

I love my life with my little guy at home, and days like these sprinkled in are just lovely :)


No comments: