Tuesday, September 6, 2011

13 Weeks



13 Weeks
(
I don't think a peach sounds right, since next week's size is a lemon and I have some massive peaches in my fridge right now. But whatever. We're all using our imaginations anyway since, hopefully, my child does not/will not resemble any piece of fruit.)
How far along? 13 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: 2 lb.
Inches gained: 1 1/2 inch
Maternity clothes? One pair of maternity jeans and on the prowl for more.
Sleep: Weird dreams, occasional insomnia if I wake up in the middle of the night. I hate that!
How I'm feeling: Nausea and fatigue letting up a bit more, hopefully I will be out of that stage for good soon! Assorted aches and pains, crampiness. Nothing major. A cold coming on but that probably has less to do with pregnancy and more with the violently changing weather!
Best moment this week: Ren Faire with my family :) It was a good way to end the summer in which I did nothing, went nowhere!
Movement: Possibly! I wish I knew for sure, I know it's a little early but I thought I might have felt a little something twice this week!
Food cravings: mozzarella, gouda, cold-cut deli meat that I can't have!chai lattes, soup.
Food aversions: pork, broccoli, whole wheat bagels or bread (I usually like these!) anything that I smell and instantly want to hurl after - it could be anything.
Gender: unknown
Labor Signs: No!
Belly Button in or out? In
What I miss: Not being crampy.
What I am looking forward to: Feeling the baby move, not feeling sick.
Milestones: Possibly feeling the baby move? :)

In other news, I LOVE fall. I think it's here. I think. I hope. I know I am not easy to please weather-wise. I whined all winter and this summer too, to my surprise. But fall and I love each other. He can stay as long as he likes. :) Naturally I'm feeling the back-to-school nostalgia but in reality there's nowhere I would rather be than here with my son. He is so entertaining. So chatty lately. We love to read together, sing songs, write/play with letters, sword-fight and dance. He's so cuddly and conversational at bedtime - I just can't believe he's growing up so fast. I love him, love him.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better! I started feeling movement around that time with Des, so I wouldn't be surprised! So exciting :)

I'm super excited for fall too. Just the FEELING of fall is amazing!

Angie said...

Thanks! That would be awesome to really be feeling the baby at this stage, how fun that you were able to! It feels early still but obviously not outside the realm of possibility - exciting!
Sigh...if only fall were one of those loooong seasons, right?